Adding a new post to Futures is easy. Just follow these steps and you’ll be blogging in no time.
1. Starting from the dashboard, find the Posts button on the sidebar. Hover your mouse over it, and click the Add new button.
2. When you reach the Add New Post page, there are a number of fields you will need to fill in to create your post. Start with the first three in the image below – add the title of your blog, an introduction (which will be at the top of your post in a larger font), and the content of your blog post.
Check the guide on adding media for instruction on how to add images, featured images and other multimedia to your post.
3. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find another three fields. First, type in your focus keyword – one, or a few words that relate to the content of your post.
4. Next, click the Edit snippet button, which will open up a new editing field. Here, you will need to add some text to the Meta description field that will tell users what your blog post is about when they find it via Google. Add an SEO title too – this is the title that will appear on the Google listing. It’s fine to use the title of your blog post.
When your snippet is looking good, you’ll see the bar below it turn green, like in this example:
5. Next, you’ll need to click the Readability tab. Underneath this tab is the Excerpt field. The text you add to this field will be displayed with your post on the front page of the blog. Only a brief description of your content is needed.
Here’s an example of an excerpt that quickly describes a post and is of a good length:
6. Now you just need to add a few tags relating to your post in the Tags field, and select a category for your post. You will find these options in the sidebar to the right of the page.
7. These are all the fields you will need to complete in order to post on the blog. Keep in mind that there is a helpful analysis tool you can view by scrolling to the bottom of the screen. If you forget to fill in any of the fields, the analysis tool will remind you what’s missing from your post, as well as provide tips on how your post rates for readability and effective SEO.