Date(s) - 22/08/2018
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Did you know that 75% of all serious mental health and related substance use disorders begin before age 25?
The aim of this workshop is to raise staff awareness about the University’s equal opportunity objectives and to address issues associated with working with students and staff with mental illnesses.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Definitions of mental illness,
- Equity and Diversity Legislation,
- Recognising early signs of mental illness,
- Helpful and unhelpful steps in responding to students experiencing mental health disorders.
- Referral pathways and support options for students and staff.
Come to this workshop for information and skills in recognising early signs of mental illness and making referrals.