From Autumn 2019 session onwards grades for all subjects in UTSOnline will be submitted by Subject Coordinators via the Grade Centre in UTSOnline. This means you no longer have to complete and submit SLS spreadsheets.
There are, however, a few important steps you will need to follow to make sure your grades can be successfully submitted online.
For FEIT, GSH, Law, and Health subjects which have already used the grade submission process in Spring 2018:
- Your Grade Centre setup has been automatically copied to your Autumn 2019 subject site
- You will need to check that the setup is still correct for your Autumn assessments
- New in Autumn 2019 – grades in REVIEW will be able to be transferred from REVIEW to UTSOnline and Canvas (more on this soon)
For all other Autumn subjects, including all FASS, DAB, Science, Business and TDI subjects:
- You will notice there are three new grade centre columns in your Grade Centre, which are to allow the submission of grades at the end of the session.
- Three columns start with ‘SYS_’. Please do not delete or modify these columns.
- More information and training will be provided to you ahead of the start of Autumn session.
If you teach in both Blackboard and Canvas, separate instructions will be sent to you for Canvas.
- The LX.lab will be running workshops in February 2019 to introduce you to this new process and set up your Grade Centre. Details will be provided closer to that time.
- In the meantime, you can find instructions for setting up the new process at the Help site.
Feature image by Markus Spiske.