We are a vibrant central team that supports the educational uses of learning technologies at UTS, and develops the Learner Experience Lab and its events program for the UTS learning and teaching community.
We are building an eligibility list for casual Learning Design and Technology Specialists (HEW7) and Learning Technologies Support Officers (HEW5).
About the roles
Learning Design and Technology Specialists are often involved with:
- Providing advice to academic staff on enhancing learning through the use of technology
- Creating and updating online training and support materials
- Designing and delivering workshops on technologies for learning
- Contributing to learning design and technology enhancement projects
Learning Technologies Support Officers are often involved with:
- Providing assistance online, and face-to-face for staff who visit the LX.lab
- Using the primary tracking tool (ServiceConnect) to efficiently triage and refer tickets and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Contributing to the smooth running of the LX.lab (general organisational, events or administrative support)
For either role, you will need to be an enthusiastic team player who can demonstrate:
- excellent general computer skills, and the ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies
- a flexible and proactive approach to customer service
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- a track record of being well organised and self-motivated
Experience in areas such as teaching, learning design, media production (including video, audio, graphic design, or screencasting), and/or event support in the university environment is also highly regarded.
Express your interest
To express interest in working at the LX.lab on a casual basis and join our eligibility list, please send an email along with your CV to email@example.com by 9am Monday 3 September 2018.