Do you know when to refer students for support?

by | 23 Jul, 2018 | 0 comments

If you’re teaching at UTS, there’s a simple grid to show when and where you should refer students if you’re concerned about their behaviour.

The UTS Counselling Service has created the grid to assist UTS staff in understanding the appropriate support and referral pathways for students. These range from supporting students with everyday concerns, to those experiencing serious disruption to study or eliciting high level concern about their behaviour or well-being.


See the UTS Counselling Referral Grid here (PDF)


As a UTS staff member, you can contact the Counselling Service for advice and support if you have concerns about students, or questions about the process of referring students. Find out more about the Counselling Service.

Support for staff

All UTS staff and their immediate family members have access to free, professional and confidential wellbeing coaching service through our contracted Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider, PeopleSense. EAP can assist with personal or work related issues that may be impacting on your quality of life or sense of general wellbeing.



  1. A brief guide to learning and teaching support at UTS - Futures - […] Sometimes it’s students who need to be directed to support services. For students in need of assistance with academic…

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share This