Last Wednesday we gathered in the UTS Great Hall for the Vice-Chancellor’s Learning and Teaching Showcase, a night for staff across UTS to come together to celebrate the Learning and Teaching Award winners and citation recipients. Over 70 staff were recognised across nine categories, with winners also sharing their project’s learnings on the night, from ‘Creating scientists for the modern laboratory’ to ‘The Justice Brennan Project: Empowering students as change-agents’.
Take a look at some of the photos from the evening, including a good-humoured photo of Attila kneeling at the request of joint ‘learning.futures Award’ winners Jenna Price and Christina Ho. You can also read the closing keynote address from Carl Rhodes from the UTS Business School on ‘Education, democracy and the future of work‘.
Congratulations again to the following recipients:
TEAM TEACHING AWARD
Rebecca Keppel, Faculty of Science and team: Susan Green, Toni Flanagan, Karieshma Kabani, Daniel Mediati, Samira Aili, Reece Ajaka, Hiba Bahidh and Tamara Carrodus
INDIVIDUAL TEACHING AWARD
Dr Blair Nield, Faculty of Science
Dr James Wakefield, UTS Business School
TEACHING BY A CASUAL OR SESSIONAL STAFF MEMBER AWARD
Winner: Yasushi Hirai, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
High commendation: Alex Belli, UTS Business School
Winners: Dr Christina Ho and Jenna Price, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
High commendation: Gabrielle Gardiner (Team Leader) and team members: Professor Simon Buckingham-Shum, Associate Professor Theresa Anderson, Dr Kailash Awati, Dr Simon Knight, Dr Roberto Martinez-Maldonado, Dr Amela Peric, Dr Nicola Parker and Georgia Markakis, all from Connected Intelligence Centre
STRENGTHENING THE UTS MODEL OF LEARNING AWARD
Winner: Dr Megan Phillips, Faculty of Science
High commendation: Dr Pernille Christensen, Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
A CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIAL IMPACT IN LEARNING AND TEACHING AWARD
Maxine Evers, Faculty of Law and team: Professor Paul Redmond, Dr Honni van Rijswijk, Dr Jane Wangmann, Monica Reade, Alexa Dodd and Todd St Vrain
ACADEMIC SUPPORT AWARD
Dr Mary Coupland, Faculty of Science and the Mathematics and Science Study Centre team: Julia Memar, Jason Stanley, Dr Usha Sridhar, Jane Ewing, Dr Van Ha Do, Brian Stephenson, Dr Ray Melham and Dr Talib Hashim
- Catherine Nguyen, Faculty of Law.
- Dr Charles Cranfield, Faculty of Science and team: Dr Bill Booth, Taryn Chalmers, Samira Aili, Michael Widjaja, Peter Wang, Sonia Carne, Chih-Lin Chien, Jacqueline Melvold, Rosaline Habib, Emma Dawson, Naomi Koh-Belic and Dr Jennifer Koh.
- Jorge Reyna, Faculty of Science and team: Associate Professor Peter Meier, Associate Professor Ken Rodgers, Dr Francis Geronimo, Dr Finbarr Horgan, Associate Professor Peter Gunn, Professor Shari Forbes, Dilan Seckiner, Dr Hermi Geronimo and Yew Kian Loyeung.
- Dr Katie Schlenker, UTS Business School
- Dr Philippa Ryan, Faculty of Law
- Raechel Wight, UTS Business School
- Dr Vinay Patel, UTS Business School